Fuel filters

Rate this topic

We have had a several passing thru business trucks pull into quick lane and ask for just engine mounted filter.They charge them for both replace just engine mounted filter and put other one in truck. What's up with this? Anyone know the theory on replacing engine mounted filter more frequently than frame rail filter?

My assumption would be they are experiencing a power issue or something and figure they have it changed because it's the finest micron filter. At least that's the theory my heavy truck/ equipment customers use. I inform them that is not necessarily a correct practice but hey the customer is alway right.........please note extreme sarcasm.

Just foolish to pay for both filters and only let 1 get changed. I wonder if they had issues with having bottom filter not installed correctly causing issues. My diesel quick lane guy is good. I will let him install with my # on ro. He just got main shop uniforms a raise and we are moving him to a 18k hoist. He is doing so many 450_ 550 rotates and services that he needs 18k more then me. We are adding a tall 12k for my second bay