'13 F150 3.5 Ecoboost turbos

Rate this topic

Fredsvt

Hi Everyone,

On these turbos, specifically the left side, I have two, so far, in a fleet with the jiffy tite coolant fittings in the turbine housing leaking badly.  Are these available separately from the turbo itself?  Our local Ford parts guys are telling me no. 

Second, I saw the parts list posting a while back, our shop's access to PTS via installer support, does not offer the ability to look up the procedure with the little shopping cart icon mentioned.  Can our local parts department guys see this.  There's a bunch of bolts, nuts, studs and gaskets that they say they can't "see".  So I had to pick them out of the terrible faxed images they sent us. 

Thanks for any assistance.

Yes, the fittings are available separately. I often preemptively change them out when the turbo comes out to do manifolds. I've been bitten a couple times trying to reuse the old fittings, and seeing that a couple of them are hard to access I find it much easier to make them fresh on the bench.

No idea on the shopping cart. Nice things like that usually show up a couple years later in Canada. Each turbo needs

- the gasket to the manifold

- the gasket between the turbo and the doughnut

- three new bolts to the manifold

- new oil line gasket

- new studs for the doughnut

- new nuts to the catalyst pipe

- coolant

- engine oil

Thanks guys,

I'm going to make a call myself, I think something gets lost in translation between me and those in the office to the parts department. 

I picked out all the needed parts from the procedure, then to the fax, should have all of that coming. 

The left turbo looks much easier to access than the right, the right ones on both trucks currently leaking coolant are both dry.