Random engine stall

Rate this topic

The truck is a 2016 6.7 with 140 000 kms, no after market add on at all. The truck stalls out 2 different ways, one way the truck will be running and it just shuts off like you have turned the key off with no warning. Run koeo and check for history codes and will show no codes not even a network code. The second way is it will stall out and no crank and when it does this it will set p008a which I have gone through the pinpoint test and found nothing wrong. So now it will also sometimes run and start with the low fuel pressure warning on in the IC, what is odd about this it that I have a pressure gauge on it and it reads 68 psi and the ids shows 82 psi so its not actual low. I can't find the trigger here, what would cause the truck to randomly shut of, I made a recording and when it dies out it shows no cam fault or lose of sync befor the stall out. The truck does not have cdim just to add. Anyone run into something similar ? 

Could not find a inertia looking pid but I think you are might be on to something.  Could not get it to stall today so I tried triggering the inertia switch and found it stall out right away and does no leave any codes. I hope I can get it to stall out again, then I will try by passing that switch to verify that its fixed.

Could not find a inertia looking pid but I think you are might be on to something.  Could not get it to stall today so I tried triggering the inertia switch and found it stall out right away and does no leave any codes. I hope I can get it to stall out again, then I will try by passing that switch to verify that its fixed.

I've seen that same inertia switch tripped on 6.4L trucks that will leave every DTC flagged, along with a no-crank/no-start symptom.

• 1 month later...

Well I am going to call this one fixed, I installed and new pressure/temperature sensor and inertia switch. Its been about a month, the customer has even been back for an oil change and told us it has been 100%.

• Like 2