Ambulance

Rate this topic

I I'm working on an 06 F350 ambulance. I have a short on fuse f 24 which goes to the blower motor resistor and also to the low and high pressure switches on the AC. And the wiring that goes to the low pressure switch there were broken wires which had two barrel-shaped looking black devices I suppose or some kind of resistors. Can someone please tell me what these are and is there any type of wiring diagram of ailable for this type of application

I looked at both diagrams for automatic and manual systems and there should not be anything in that circuit from the factory like you describe. They may be for the ambulance upfit? Also, fuse F24 supplies voltage to the Tow/Haul switch on the column which are notorious for chafing on the column or the shifter stalk and shortng the circuit... I know you found broken wires but I wanted to throw that out there in case you still have an issue.

There are a bunch of tools out there for finding shorts, but I don't think there's anything that beats these little things.

http://www.tooltopia.com/search.aspx?find=SGT25100

Even without a proper wiring diagram, which is common on emergency vehicles, it'll find the short.  

Just hook up the circuit breaker and follow the current pulses with the ammeter.  Mine has made me look much smarter than I am on more than one occasion.

For the price, no toolbox should be without one.

My 2 cents (actual street value)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I I'm working on an 06 F350 ambulance. I have a short on fuse f 24 which goes to the blower motor resistor and also to the low and high pressure switches on the AC. And the wiring that goes to the low pressure switch there were broken wires which had two barrel-shaped looking black devices I suppose or some kind of resistors. Can someone please tell me what these are and is there any type of wiring diagram of ailable for this type of application

Those barrel shaped things are probably diodes.  The box upfitters bring a/c clutch signal from the box to turn on the clutch whether the head unit requests a/c or not.  I have seen those diodes go bad before.