PATS and Perimeter Alarm Bypass

Rate this topic

2017 F250 - customer lost all keys and dragged it in to us. Cut two new keys and of course the perimeter alarm is going off preventing module communication and successful key code erase. There is a procedure in the WSM to bypass this by disconnecting the battery and timing out the alarm and so on. Does not work. Anyone run into this? I had this happen to me with the Wife's Explorer when I was screwing around with keys and cant remember for the life of me how I eventually got it to work! :scratch: 

I haven't had it happen on a 2017, but on previous model years, I'd program a key-fob with the 8 key cycle method and unlock the truck with that to turn the perimeter anti-theft off...  Assuming it doesn't have a keyless entry pad...

I just program a RKE remote, I don't remember if I did the key cycle method or did it with the IDS.

I wonder what would happen if you reprogram the BCM with the as-built data?

I just program a RKE remote, I don't remember if I did the key cycle method or did it with the IDS.

I wonder what would happen if you reprogram the BCM with the as-built data?

Tried the spare key/remote thing using the key cycle bit it does not work. Obviously I dont have two programmed keys... which is why I am here. Reprograming or configuring settings triggers the alarm. I stopped my foolish attempts and ordered a new BCM.

And a new BCM is what it took to program two keys. Unbelievable.  And after performing the PMI the first thing I did was turn the perimeter alarm off just in case this thing decided to lock me out before I could program the keys. I really want to know who is programing this stuff. And for the record, the customer paid for the keys, Ford paid for the module.

I once had a truck with a right side headlight not working. Turned out the installer of the plow lights shorted out the right side low beam circuit, which fried the BCM (so the repair ended up being customer pay).

Install and program the new BCM to restore function to the right side low beam circuit, and now the power windows don't work. Pull my hair out trying to figure out what I could have possibly done wrong during the BCM install. Submit a Hotline request, only to receive a very prompt response instructing me to uninstall the current version of IDS, and reinstall another version, four versions earlier. Did as instructed, and redid the PMI on the new BCM, and what do you know? The power windows work again.

• 3 years later...