Pico and ids on the same laptop

Rate this topic

So I’m planning to order a picoscop in the next month. I’m wondering if you guys have run into any problems or issues with a Pico and IDS on the same laptop and running at the same time during diagnostics?  Im going to assume it wouldnt be an issue since ford offers the vmm designed to run and work with ids  but want to make sure.  Be nice to have one computer for everything instead of lugging around a couple of them.  Looking at ordering the Pico Diesel kit.  Is there anything else that’s a must have that wouldn’t come in the kit? The diesel kit come with the scope, leads, low and high amp probes and a few probes and tips.

Yes, on my third Pico and love it. I've had no problems at all with compatibility or conflicts with Pico and IDS on the same laptop.  They're support is terrific too, no matter who you buy from. Matt Fanslow (and others) are doing scope classes at Vision KC in a few weeks, it would be worth your time to attend. Call me anytime if you want to talk.

:grin:

• Like 1

Sounds good Bruce thank you.  I may take you up on the offer to call before I order to make sure I order what I need and not end up with something I don’t.  I do mostly heavy trucks and machines at my shop and only a few pickups a month.  But from all the reading and videos I’ve been watching I think I could use it a lot on heavy trucks and equipment as well.  Once I learn how to use it anyway, looks and sounds like a steep learning curve. But hey if it was easy everybody would do it right...lol

I am wondering what are you planning to use for? I have the shops new vcmm in the cabinet next to my tool box. I have used a scope for checking 6.o crank and cam timing few times and for checking network concerns. I am thinking I have access to this awesome tool I should learn to use it more and take advantage of it.