Dirty Rotten Bastard Wall of Shame

Rate this topic

jimmy57

I think the DRB's of the automotive engineering world need to be recognized. I suggest the Dirty Rotten Bastard Wall of Shame.

I nominate the turd that put the pressure port for the power steering pump above the bolt that holds it to blocks, timing covers, etc. Especially when it has to be removed for access and adds complexity for NO reason.

I nominate the turd that placed the back turbo bolt on first gen 6.0 turbos.

I nominate the turd that controls heat shield bolt placement.

There are plenty more, please nominate more.

I nominate the guy that changed the design of the 6.7 down pipe when doing a turbocharger. I will think of more, this example was fresh in my mind. Oh wait!... Anybody that had anything to do with the design of the 6.4.

The idiot who couldn't make the core support on a transit connect unbolt from the top.

So when changing a radiator you get constantly dripped on, even after capping off hoses and rad fittings because the damned radiator drain sprays like a sprinkler all over the place. 

1 hour ago, Keith Browning said:

On that note... WHY is the drain valve on a 6.7L secondary radiator facing FORWARD instead of to the side like the primary?

I don't even mess with the drain on the secondary, pull the hose on the transmission cooler is a whole lot easier and quicker 

• Like 1