6.7 no module communication

Rate this topic

Vehicle came in for no start, found battery junction box lid broken and assembly full of corrosion. Terminals rotted off at bottom side. Installed new BJB assembly with harness. When sitting inside cab distinct burnt wiring smell present. Found wiring at right side kick panel going along door sill and under front seats to drivers side door sill. Wiring over lay performed, smart junction box had few fuses blown and have been replaced. When ignition is turned on abs lights and park brake light on in dash, oil pressure light and temp and wrench cycle thru display continuously. Can hear relays clicking when attempt to start but no crank. Attempt to hook up scan tool and no communication is present. I do not have access currently for diag from this point and am at a loss of how to proceed. Looking for ideas please.

Thanks

Well the beginning of your post certainly points to wiring issues which is likely taking out your ability to communicate whether it's directly affecting network circuits or pulling a module off line. Remember that your terminating resistors are in the PCM and the BCM.

You could approach this initially in one of two ways: Diagnose the network problem from the diagnostics in the WSM section 418-00 or repair all of the electrical issues you have and see what you have once that is all cleared up. I personally would look at the electrical a little closer again. If there were multiple fuses blown find something common...

And you don't have access to... what? PTS? If so what can we possibly get for you?

Thanks Keith i agree with the wiring issue and had another look with fresh eyes and have found the issue causing my no module communication. The ABS module and connector are corroded solid. With it disconnected and wires separated so not touching the system works normal. ordering new harness and module

Keith i do not have access to PTS

I've been out of the dealer since 2007 and been between the independent and fleet scenes, but still lurk here for what I may be able to help with, and read as I may come across something that someone here has seen and may help me in the future. Even though I no longer have access to PTS, as required for what I'm working on I will buy a subscription from motorcraftservice.com for 20 dollars for 3 day access. Another great source that is free is bbbind.com/free-tsb/ for searching TSB's and complete wiring diagrams.

• Like 1