Excursion upfitter

Rate this topic

Ok thanks.  Just asking to see if anyone has done it.  I’m hoping it’s possible since they are essentially an f-series I’m hoping they didn’t get rid of that part of the system ( wiring, pcm strategy, etc). when they made it an excursion.   I’m looking at buying one and curious if they will work.  It will be pulling a car trailer with a 4 seater side by side/ or snowmobiles to the mountains.  Would be nice to have the factory brake controller and upfitter switches are always nice to have for adding accessories/lights or what have you.

Ford has the SVE bulletin Q-133 regarding the upfitter switches for the F-Series trucks that I'd refer to and see if it could apply to the Excursion.

The ITBC I believe also used a different master cylinder, but then just needs programmed/enabled in the PCM to work properly so long as the connectors are present in the Excursion also.

I'm gonna say no. There is nothing listed about the upfitter switches under customer access in the wiring diagram. And the trailer brake controller is the standard rectangular one that ford has used for decades.

As far as brake controllers I would highly recommend that you find an inertia based one instead of one of the timer based ones.

Tekonsha makes a bunch of nice ones and that's the brand that I have always used.

And another note on the 05 Excursions. They suspension and steering is the same as the 04 super duty's. They did not put the 05 and up super duty coil spring suspension under them and the 05 and up super duty wheels will not sit right as the offset is different.