Customer Satisfaction Program 18N03

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

Anyone doing these? Until recently it's been all F150's but now some of the Super Duties in my bay are getting this done. We have had a lot of rain  and freezing temps lately so the complaints come in. Anyway that a shit-show of a recall. Just performed my first. The videos were the most helpful but I really wish that when Ford publishes the instructions they include a little explanation as to what the step is supposed to accomplish. To me that would put a little more clarity to the instructions.

• 2 weeks later...

I got one that keeps freezing that keeps freezing. Hotline told me to use silicone spray the same day that Ford supplemented 18n03 to use washer fluid concentrate. 

And one of my coworkers was doing one of the recalls and he couldn’t get the washer fluid to go down the cable. 

We are having more of a problem with the power locks freezing. 18N03 does not fix them. We are at the point now that if it is an unlocking concern we are putting latches in them. I think water gets in the lock motors and we haven't found a way to get it out. We have also been drenching the latch /locks in wurth HHS 2000. We have been since the start of the rain hat ordeal. We have never had a latch freeze on a truck that we have been inside the doors. The other day my 2018 f-150 (apr 18 built, 18n03 doesn't apply) doors were frozen open at -10`c. Drove 10km to work holding the door shut. My 8 am appt no showed, so I pulled my truck in and pulled the door panels. This thing was built with some of the 18n03 stuff in it already. The doors were relatively dry inside, but there was a shit ton of frost / moisture on the steel door latch parts. Here is my take on this : Condensation is sticking to the steel parts in the door, as it cools quicker than the aluminum parts. The air inside the doors is full of moisture, the steel parts drop below freezing first and the moisture is drawn to them and freezes. Coating the steel latch parts in an adhesive oily lube prevents the moisture from clinging on the latches.