Torqshift 6 Problems?

Rate this topic

What are you guys seeing with these transmissions these days?  For me not too many over all and the failures seem to varied. Last three were a bad TR sensor,  a failed thrust bearing that took out the low/reverse planetary and now a burnt up overdrive clutch with no discernible cause. Just curious.

I rarely see any failures on the Torqshift 6. I think over my 7 years with Ford, I've replaced 3 under customer pay. Warranty has consisted of Torque Converter seals leaking, multiple shift solenoids, and 1 time I replaced the output shaft bearings due to noise. Now the last trans I replaced was right before Christmas. Truck had over 350k miles, and over 11,000 engine hours. The bearing in the pump that supports the torque converter failed, and it was pumping fluid out from behind the starter. Based on the mileage and hours, it got a reman.

Zero failures with them on the main fleet we service, 08-17 F250 to F550 both gas and diesel, all run severely overloaded and put away wet. 

Owner of company that runs them disallows fluid changes on them via the management company that handles their maintenance-ish.