2018 setting P064a and p027a

Rate this topic

I had a truck kick my ass and figured I would share. 2018 start stall went thru PPT leads to fuel pump driver. I jumpered to bypass fuel pump driver truck ran great. Got new driver put in cleared codes went to back out of the stall and it dies. Recheck same codes. PPT leads to driver. Checked like hotline reports guy talked about having to replace driver multiple times to get w good one. So I got one from a no issues truck plugged in. Truck stalled almost immediately. So I print off wiring diagram and see only one connector in-between. When I ohmed the wires they were 3 ohms and that was going they the connector. The connector is above left front tire so I pull the wheel well accessed connector unplugged no issues. I got called away from the truck. When I got back to it the female side of the connector had green water dripping out of the pin in question. Pulled pin out and sure enough corroded right where the pin is crimped to wire. I guess I should have pulled my head out of my ass and load tested the wires when doing PPT. 

KIMG2197.JPG

KIMG2201.JPG

• Like 1

I wouldn't kick yourself in the ass for that. Those fuel pump driver modules are a common failure plus you DID perform the pinpoint tests AND you jumped the fuel pump power and ground circuits and the truck started and ran. Just be glad that you didn't fix it temporarily by disturbing the harness and hand the keys back to the customer to fail on him.

BTW FPDM failures are common enough to make me grab a creeper and my jumper leads when I first go out to a gas no start. For me it has been mostly Econoline buses.