2013 Taurus Catalyst Reset?

Rate this topic

JoeR

I was contacted by a customer today asking about a catalyst reset on the 3.7L GDI Taurus. He said it was on 2013-Present vehicles, and required any time you had a P0420/P0430.  I never heard of anything like that, and I see no reference to it in Mitchell.  

Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Any help appreciated.

Joe

Never heard of that before. I will look it up. I don't see in the wsm or PC/Ed saying to do a reset. The squad that have tsb for p0420/430 do say to reprogram to latest. I would recommend that. 

• Like 1

I finally got more info on this.  He's delirious.  He wasn't able to produce any service info or anything else that proves this test exists.  He had never run an IDS, and just thought it was a test that SHOULD exist.

Good grief!  Sorry to waste everyone's time with this.

Joe

This customer is a Tech at a county fleet shop.  The car was one of the vehicles he services there.  He had a Snapon scanner and was looking for this test. He called tech support, then his salesman asking why it wasn't there.  Kinda funny.

Joe