7.3L Injector codes

Rate this topic

I have a 2001 F-550 that I am having a issue with injector High to Low codes, I have replaced the Injectors 2 years ago but only have about 10,000 miles on them.  This truck is a service truck for a local farmer and he has had the following done here in the past 2 years...

Injectors, Turbo, new exhaust(4"), new PCM and engine compartment wiring harness, new engine( that  is why it is hear), new High pressure pump with IPR and ICP.

I installed a new engine because he sucked the air filter up into the air tube and dusted the engine, lots of blow by, the engine is a jasper and I installed a new engine wiring harness, here is the problem I am having.  I have three IDM's here, one is the orginal that he replaced, then one that is from Diesel select, and a master pro IDM from oriely's.  I get a check engine light on when driving this truck only when I give it throttle under load then I let off and the check engine light goes out.  P1316, check the IDM, buzz test, and here is where I get three different codes sets!  Orginal IDM P1271,P1272,P1276,and P1277.  Diesel Select IDM, P1271,P1272,P1273,P1274,P1275,P1276,P1277,and P1278.  O'reily's IDM P0274,P0279,P1276,P1277,P1291,P1293,P1294,P1295.  As you can see I am very confused with this, I have a set a 8 injectors here and plugged in a new injector into the #5 wiring and with the Diesel select IDM that code(P1275) goes away, perfect so I replace the right side bank injectors along with the under the valve cover wiring harness..... Buzz test I still get those Injectors expect 5 codes( P1271,73,77).  I didn't think it was an injector issue and still don't but I need a little guidance here.  I know I a missing things that I replaced so fire away and maybe we can get this handled for my customer, Thank you!

Also what are u using to scan this. I question an up to date ids on old 7.3 I recently had a 7.3 truck with 4x4 issue and when I found an old scan tool that was only updated to 2006 it worked for what I needed

I have a up to date IDS that I am using, I have a Ford IDM coming to try, this is the only thing that I can think of, I have ran into a bad batch of IDM's before but I have IDM's from two different company's that I am using, I will see it Friday so ill update as soon as I have it installed.

Thank you for the reply Bruce but I have googled IIRC for IDM's and am not getting anything, do you might telling me more about this please?

Well  installed a Ford IDM and did a buzz test... PASSED, put all back together and let run for a while outside, test drove and the check engine light came back on, P1316, and it was bucking under load at first but didn't after I drove for a while, did buzz test again and wouldn't you know... P1271-P1278 codes for injector high to low circuit again.  back to the old drawing board!!!