1.5L Coolant Loss Fix

Rate this topic

mchan68

Let's see a show of hands now. What has been the final repair for these 1.5 Fusions and Escapes coming in for coolant loss?

Is there a fix for poor quality? We have an Escape in for coolant loss that had a bad block. Okay, it got a NEW short block and when it was assembled and running started dripping oil from the rear of the engine from the head gasket... off comes the head and wow. A straight edge revealed the fire deck was low in one of the corners. 

All the ones I've been getting, have gotten long blocked to avoid this exact scenario. Have you read the SSM by Ford claiming that the cylinder heads they've had returned, had nothing wrong with them?

• 2 months later...

Well, I have yet another one that I've been requested to order a short block in for. Short block arrived, but the gaskets needed are no stock anywhere and no ETA.

Issue a service message and/or TSB but have no parts available for such a repair.:crazy:

Vehicle has now sat for a month and counting....