03 no communication but starts

Rate this topic

Hi everyone I have a 2003 f-450 dump truck with no ids communication. Engine start but customer states it stalls when trying to drive. Going to check power at dlc to see what I find. Let me know if you have found any tips or tricks on this. Already tried disconnecting ebp and glow plug module. Thanks ahead of time. Going to start from step 1.

I had a shorted 6.0 injector cause this a while back, it was fun to find. Unplugging the injectors one at a time allowed things to go back to normal. The cust had already changed several thousand dollars worth of parts trying to fix it. I might have already posted a pic of the injector here, it was melted like it was hit with a torch.

Also look for aftermarket modules on the bus like GPS, maintenance minder, etc especially if it's a fleet truck...

On 7/18/2019 at 9:39 PM, forddieseldoctor said:

I have heard of cooling fans causing vref issues. But I have never seen one personally. 

Usually causes a no-start but easily diagnosed by unplugging. Shares power with the TR sensor, when it shorts it pulls the TR down, the PCM can't see it's in neutral and won't let it crank.