Ford 10.5 pinion rotating torque

Rate this topic

Working on a 2008 F-350 single wheel with a ford 10.5 rear axle.  I put new bearings on the ring and pinion.  I’ve used all the old shins and my backlash and pattern look good.  I have the ford manual on dvd and tells me to refer to the specifications for pinion rotating torque with new bearings, when I get there no spec for it.  I have gone up and down one year trying to find it with no luck.  Could someone help me out with a spec please??     Pulling back apart to install the new crush sleeve and a seal now that I know my pattern and backlash are ok.  I don’t have the special tools for all the shimming so we are making it work.  Had to tap in the last side bearing shim and it rotates a little stiffer than before but not a lot as expected with new dry bearings.  Hope the pre-load is ok.  Wish manufacturers would offer skim kits instead of everything individually for jobs like this.  Thanks guys