6.4 starts and stalls.

Rate this topic

fuel system is losing prime over night causngg truck to start and die if you immediate try to take off. If key is cycled a few times or truck is left to idle for a few minutes it stays running. once fuel system is primed and truck stays running it runs fine. the truck has 207000 on it and had no symptoms leading up to this. The truck had a hcfm put on it 2yrs ago and i did any oil cooler 1 year ago. The customer is a friend and we discussed about hp pump failures and even thought there was no sign of metal we deiced to replace the hp pump to prevent any problems. after removing pump i disassemble and found all three springs were broke and had some discoloration on pistons. i replaced pump and concern was still present. I then removed tank and inspect fuel pick up and suction tube to hcfm. i did not find anything and assembled. i removed the manual fold off hcfm and the inlet check valve looked a little questionable if it was sealing. I replaced the hcfm to eliminate any problems with it and concern still present next day. also checked fuel tirms and cyl3 has at -10. I did remove the injector inspect it and cranked engine over with injector inverted and did not see any fuel leaking out of tip or return ports. I looked back through post and found some indicating banjo bolt sealing washers leaking. the ones pump were new and torqued properly. I replaced and torqued washers on fuel cooler also and truck still has same concern. the truck has no signs of fuel leaks so I am thinking i missed something in suction side. I am open to any suggestion or proceeds that could help. 

I have seen some plastic sending units crack around the nipples where the fuel lines connect, but i'm sure you would have noticed that when you had the tank down. If you can put some clear fuel line at the inlet of the hfcm and see if there are bubbles in it that will tell if you have a leak on the suction side. A leak on the low pressure side should show itself rather quickly. I assume you are not getting any fuel in the oil?