P2425 and P2539

Rate this topic

Hi guys. I haven't really needed much assistance with diesel Transits much, but this one does have me scratching my head a bit. Unit is a 2015 with about 161,000 kms. (about 100,000 miles). I already replaced the EGR cooler on it awhile back. According to OASIS, two other dealers have already replaced EGR bypass solenoids on it. On the pinpoint test, I get 12 volts at key-on engine-OFF on the one pin, and zero ohms on the other pin and pin 39 of the PCM connector. I get an OL between the pins of the component (where the test asks if it's between 10 and 40 ohms). So am I about to become the third dealer needing to replace the EGR solenoid? How about the P2539? The fuel pump seems to be working and the relay tests out fine. The customer complaint is the check engine light, and it shakes upon engine shutdown.

Did you load test and wiggle test at the same time circuit CE257 and CBB39?  Inspect connector C1415 and check pin fit? I doubt there are three bad valves so if the wiring checks out thoroughly would the PCM be suspect?

Hotline contacted?

Windshield water draining controlled or is the cowl a mess and the end drains missing? I am seeing a lot of that now with these trucks starting to age and windshield installers not putting them back on. Drains right onto the PCM and harness. Just a thought.