WC-96311

Rate this topic

mchan68

Is anyone else experiencing an extreme shortage of the main battery cable harness for 2011 to 2016 F-250 to F-550 6.7L trucks? I just tried to put in a unit down request for one and the response my parts manager received was to refer to bulletin 7207 for an alternate repair. I have thus far been unable to locate such a bulletin. It seems there are a lot of issues that have happened on these trucks that come back to circuits contained within that harness from the ever so common alternator B+ circuit, along the A/C pressure switch circuit just to name a couple that are contained in that very harness.

We have been waiting for one since OCTOBER. The battery cable fried. We are now considering removing the harness and repairing it.

Funny how Summit Racing shows the harness... in stock!

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mof-wc96311?seid=srese1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2dKrydKt5wIVCY6zCh23_AusEAYYASABEgJKnvD_BwE

On 1/31/2020 at 5:37 AM, Keith Browning said:

We have been waiting for one since OCTOBER. The battery cable fried. We are now considering removing the harness and repairing it.

Funny how Summit Racing shows the harness... in stock!

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mof-wc96311?seid=srese1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2dKrydKt5wIVCY6zCh23_AusEAYYASABEgJKnvD_BwE

Look at that price too. The issue we have, is the particular vehicle in question is well within warranty coverage for replacement of that part, and simply purchasing that part from an outside source that has it in stock as opposed to ordering it through the normal channels will not fly with Ford warranty. My service advisor and I are having a discussion about just band aiding it on the customer's dime just to get him mobile again. The point being, WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO.

If parts are unavailable through ford they will pay to repair temporarily or with outside parts as long as the parts are certified automotive parts. If the summit racing ones are actually ford parts it is a no brainer.

5 hours ago, cbriggs said:

If parts are unavailable through ford they will pay to repair temporarily or with outside parts as long as the parts are certified automotive parts. If the summit racing ones are actually ford parts it is a no brainer.

And what would be the logistics involved with purchasing it through Summit Racing and submitting the claim as a warrantable repair, as far as having Ford pay the claim?

Customer ended up taking it. Couldn't leave the truck for an indefinite ETA for the part. This one was corroded so bad it may even need a new starter as well.