2015 Ram 2500 valvebody question.

Rate this topic

Just replaced the valvebody/solenoid body on a 66RFE. Filled the transmission with fluid total of 9 liters. Transmission has no reverse or drive now.  Made sure the shift linkage was lined up. Tried to perform the TCM quick learn and it fails then I get codes for no pressure. Pulled pan and checked my install. All is good. The secondary filter is full and the fluid is warm, which tells me the pump was actually moving fluid. My question is: Are there any tricks to this? I am using Prodemand for service procedures. We think the new valvebody is bad. Just want to be sure. Thanks.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 7:32 PM, 8WA Sman said:

The valve body I come up with is RL166834AM

Was the solenoid pack color the same as the old one?

Your number changes up to what we have. All the solenoid bodies had the same color-grey.

Second valve body is in and I still have no engagement. 0 PSI line pressure. I can't even check line pressure manually because we have no tools for this thing.

Pan is off again. Everything looks to be installed properly. We are suspecting a damaged filter now.

At this point one would think it would be a matter of switching the plugs from the original valve body into the new one. Not so. Even though we now have confirmation from 2 other Dodge sources that the plugs are supposed to be ordered separately when ordering the change up valve body, the Dealership we deal with is insisting they are supposed to come with the valve body and they see no note that says otherwise. So now they have gotten us yet another valve body from another dealer and we are to send back the 2 they sent us.  

Update:After getting the valvebody issue figured out and getting the transmission to shift past 5TH we found that it slips in 6TH. Thanks to a local rebuilder giving us a steal of a deal we are now putting in a reman unit.