4.5/6.0 fuel filters

Rate this topic

Torqued_Up

The part numbers are different but the 4.5 and 6.0 fuel filters appear to be identical. The mold numbers match even though the part number is printed on and I sized them up. Anyone know if there are different specs on these?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gifAs many fuel issues that there is with the engines now a days I would suggest putting what it specifies. We don't need more problems than we have already. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/drinkingdude.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed quite a while ago the the filters are identical except for the price the 4.5L blue diamond filter cost more than a motorcraft 6.0L filter.

As far as the eye can tell it's the same filter, plus the 4.5L engine uses the exact same injectors as a 6.0L why would it have a different spec filter.

I'll have to check the price "over the counter"

I remember that I had an LCF and the parts guy handed me the IH/blue diamond boxed filter it looked exactly the same so I got a Motorcraft boxed 6.0L filter to compare them no difference to the eye ,the parts guy told me the IH/BD cost more /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif