Broken injector hold down bolt suck in head

Rate this topic

IMG_6849.thumb.JPG.bd7ac8e1d2798a0333e5c198f50801e5.JPG

I have a 2011 6.7 with almost 300 km, doing a fuel system because it ran on gas till it stopped. #1 and #7 broke off in the head. I started on #1 and can't even get it to move one bit. I got the valve cover off and got a good grip on the bolt and now it broke off flush. What technique have you guys used that has work for you ? The hold down clamp on #1 was broken and loose so it may have damaged the threads maybe making hard to remove. Has anyone used the promaxx repair kit ? is it worth it? I checked today and go figure cylinder heads are back ordered so that not an option.

On 11/15/2020 at 5:18 PM, forddieseldoctor said:

Only used their hub puller. Which is the cats ass for explorers. 

Would you care to elaborate? I just clicked on that link and couldn't find that tool. All I could find on their website is drill guide kits for exhaust manifolds for the common engines needing them but no hub pullers. Changing out hub and bearing assemblies on Explorers is on my hate list of jobs and if such a tool exists to make this job tolerable, it's worth the investment.

Sorry for the thread derail.

16 minutes ago, mchan68 said:

Would you care to elaborate? I just clicked on that link and couldn't find that tool. All I could find on their website is drill guide kits for exhaust manifolds for the common engines needing them but no hub pullers. Changing out hub and bearing assemblies on Explorers is on my hate list of jobs and if such a tool exists to make this job tolerable, it's worth the investment.

Sorry for the thread derail.

Stupid expensive but does work good for explorer wheel bearings 

https://www.promaxxtool.com/extractors/p/tommy?rq=tommy

On 11/16/2020 at 8:42 PM, tonybullitt said:

I have the hold down bolt drill guide from them works great. Yes ,way to expensive but works great

I just saw that there is a prokit plus that comes with inserts, can you just get by with the prokit or are the inserts a must.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2020 at 5:54 PM, Steve Mutter said:

I just saw that there is a prokit plus that comes with inserts, can you just get by with the prokit or are the inserts a must.

I got the kit with inserts but haven't used one yet. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...