FICM diagnosis

Rate this topic

06 6.0 cylinder 6 miss relative compression is good check circuits and between pins 4 and 3 at injector connector harness side   i have 1.2 ohms, check the circuits between FICM and the injector connector all good, check at at pins 7 and 22 on FICM i have th2e 1.2 OHMS. Never seen a FICM just drop one injector but i'm a late diesel guy 6.7's, not well versed in the 6.0 or 6.4 but  the old diesel guy is on vacation so i cant ask him ? any help would be appreciated.

What code(s) are you diagnosing? The circuit codes and the contribution codes ALL take you to PPT P which it looks like you are performing. Your injector resistance is in spec, did you perform the tests for shorts in the same circuits? Does it pass a Buzz Test? If this is just a P0306 i might lean toward an injector, if this is a circuit code then the FICM is suspect. Where did your testing lead you? 

I know, I have more questions than answers but this is usually pretty simple. This is where having a known good test FICM comes in handy to try before committing to a repair. 

Yeah what Keith said. If you have injector ckt codes it’s probably a ficm since all your ckts ohm out. If it’s just a contribution code then at this point it’s probably an injector. I recommend testing fuel pressure any time you replace an injector on a 6.0 since poor fuel pressure will eat injectors. 

When I get these and the PPT leads to a FICM replacement, I will move the connector for the injector stated in the code, to another injector. DO NOT START THE ENGINE. Re-run injector self test. If the code stays the same, it's a bad FICM, provided you have load tested the harness using a bulb. 

it was a FICM. just was beating my head against it doing the ppt multiple times cause with my limited exp. with 6.0. I havent had any that just dropped one injector.

• Like 2