First injector failure on a 6.4

Rate this topic

Fortunately none of my "children" have returned to the nest with any problems. Hope I don't forget anything I have learned!!! For now I guess I'll have to sit back and enjoy reading about everybody else's experiences and do a few LCF recalls.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif

• 3 weeks later...

What is going on?They say they tested this engine for thousands and thousands of miles on dyno and under real world driving conditions.Not enough time to to resolve these issues before releasing to public?I want the new engine to be better for Ford customers.We cannot afford to lose any more market share.

• 2 weeks later...

A little update....I got this truck back for the recall and got a chance to double check it after about 3k miles. no codes but the fuel trim is still kinda weird. maybe its normal. either way there has been no additional problems with it

Sorry guys. The rumor around here is that youll be seeing alot more injector issues with this engine. Can you say Job Security?

There must be some truth to this because between Fred Jones here in OKC and AER in Dallas they have over 300 injectors in stock. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

All the injectors are for supply to Ford dealers. Would you rather be waiting on a part or have it at your dealership. It's called filling the channels. As far as warranty goes and testing all is true. I do not know of any manufacture that has a perfect launch. This is why we have a job. Ford has injectors, on the GM side get in-line for a 30 to 60 day wait for bosch injectors.

What is going on?They say they tested this engine for thousands and thousands of miles on dyno and under real world driving conditions.Not enough time to to resolve these issues before releasing to public?I want the new engine to be better for Ford customers.We cannot afford to lose any more market share.

I know its off topis, but....Out of curiosity, I hear person after person state "We cannot afford to lose anymore marketshare." Can anyone take a stab at how much marketshare Ford has lost? 10%???

Originally Posted By: International Tech
Sorry guys. The rumor around here is that youll be seeing alot more injector issues with this engine. Can you say Job Security?

There must be some truth to this because between Fred Jones here in OKC and AER in Dallas they have over 300 injectors in stock. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Dale,

I would assume 300 injectors to go around for over 150 dealers isnt excessive. Plus dealers are still placing initial stock orders and the FADs do not have any history or knowledge about the parts. They are primarily blind to new parts on new engines. They just order alot and hope they sell.

Several months ago when I talked to a dyno operator in Dearborn, he said 6.4 injector failures were practically zero. On the other hand, he was on the dyno when the 6.0 came out and injector failures were common, so he knew there would be 6.0 injector problems in the field.

The only thing that scares me right now is the percentage of trucks in the customer's hands vs. on the lot or at the body company. Isn't there a relatively small percentage of these on the road?

I am seeing more and more on the road around here. I think they have been off to a slow start dude to a 4k price increase, timid customers thinking we have another 6.0 on our hands, and its super ugly /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif