LCF Wiper Blades

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

Yep. Wiper blades. I have been seeing a few of the LCF customers in for services and recalls, a couple of which have needed wiper blades which I have not needed until now therefore we don't stock them. Guess what? They are not available in Motorcraft or from Ford so you have to buy them from Blue Diamond Parts. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif No big deal but it takes two days to get them! Fed up with the BS I took a closer look.

The 20" blades from a Super duty fit perfectly. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hammer2.gif I have the part numbers... will post them when I get back to work.

you have to buy them from Blue Diamond Parts. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif No big deal but it takes two days to get them!

That's just to funny....I replyed to a post on fmc in tech to tech asking about LCF's and any problems I said almost exactly the same thing. My reply----

"it does share many parts with the 6.0L the good news it that since it's not realy a FORD, it's a blue diamond truck all the parts come from them and will take two days longer to get when it does break." /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I guess great minds think alike

I do understand it though. You have to at least recognize that parts for this thing come from Ford, International and Mazda not to mention a few other miscellaneous suppliers so a centralized routing for parts is logistically the best way to go. But, it does cause a delay in getting parts. My gripe is that something common that is a service item SHOULD be more readily available. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/2cents.gif Someone might argue that if you plan to sell certain items then you should have them in stock which is something I have no control over and what do you do when you run short and a customer wants his truck? "Ghee, we are very sorry sir but you will have to wait two days for that air filter and your wiper blades." /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smhair.gif If this stuff was available as Motorcraft items I can get them in one of three daily runs our supplier makes daily. Glad I found a workaround!

oil filter and EGR valve are different but the fuel filters the same the injectors and the hp oil tube seals,icp sensor,ipr valve , ect are interchangeable with FSD/6.0L parts in a pinch

the motorcraft "premium" wipers are universal any way and cheaper to the customer so I just use them when needed

not sure about the air filter gotta go look at one