New to the Chevy world. Ford tech with IDS. Any way to communicate with GM products.

Rate this topic

Hello. So I have my own IDS with VCM 2 and have been talking to my foreman that in order for us to start working on GMs we need the software and whatever GM has like PTS dealerconnection with wiring diagrams and workshop manuals. Is anyone out there familiar on what software/interface we need for diagnostics, programming, and wiring, worshop manual info.  The how to,  ,cost and how to access. Looking if there is an fmcdealer info. page for GM techs. Thanks in advance for any access.

• 2 weeks later...
WWW.ACDELCOTDS.COM

MDI 2 Is the interface. I don't run my GM and Ford software on the same partition, some people that I know of do. I really recommend taking some kind of training, in my opinion it's really nothing like Ford. Module damage during programming or update Is not uncommon especially on older GM products for people that aren't familiar.