6.0 inductive heating strategy

Rate this topic

iceman

is anyone noticing that after the new inductive heating stategy is installed that these sickos are have a little bit of a performance gain to them everyone i have reflashed seems like they have some more get up and go is it me or are you guys seeing this also

Iceman i will say taht i have only reprogrammed 1 with the new reflash. I was wondering why it also needed to recalibrate the TCM and PCM unlike the other reflash. Other than that, i did notice a difference in the get-up and go, and also it started A LOT better.

as far as i know tony if you just go to module reprogramming and go to just ficm i will just program the ficm try that and see what it does

Since I haven't done one yet, are you saying that the new FICM flash also comes with a PCM and TCM update? The last FICM update could be performed alone on most trucks as long as FICM was chosen from the module menu during reprogramming. If this is the case it make me wonder what else has been changed... if Ford wants to do something BIG they will find a way to restore a little of the reported lost fuel economy taken with a previous recalibration. I think more owners are angry about that than the loss of pilot injection itself.

yes keith this is now tied to a complete reprogram(PCM,FICM,TCM) It does wonders too! Very impressive. I have had it clear up trucks that will hardly run when cold. I was impressed to say the least

so...uh, i see im out of the loop on this. what is the inductive heat strategy? is it the same flash that keeps the injectors cycling for a few seconds when you shut it down?

i havent flashed a 6.0 yet, have a few coming in over the next few weeks that i know have old flashes, figured i would see what it is before i do it so i know what to expect.

You are out of the loop, Joey.... this new strategy has no more injector rattle at shutdown... Instead, they are energizing the injector coils when the wait to start lamp is on....

Looks like it is working quite well...

yes keith this is now tied to a complete reprogram(PCM,FICM,TCM) It does wonders too! Very impressive. I have had it clear up trucks that will hardly run when cold. I was impressed to say the least

I finished an injector replacement late tonight and updated the modules just before leaving the shop. This is the first 6.0 recal I have done since updating our IDS. Tomorrow I will get to experience the latest calibration for myself.

Oh yeah Keith. There is a tow truck that will not run correctly cold, did the last reflash with the injector buzz.....it helped it out, but ultimatly the newest reflash did it. Customer happy. They really hit the nail on the coffin with this reflash.

are you guys noticing all around more power, get up and go when the engine is warmed up. i hope the guys that made this strategy up is getting paid good now if they could just figure out a way to keep the base engine from messing up with all the egr coolers, oil coolers heads, head gaskets and high pressure oil system they would be set

ok...pardon my stupid question, but am i going to have the flash file after i finish updating the IDS software? i have reflashed one vehicle, an 05 taurus, but that calibration was on the software already (did it a few months back)

reason i ask is we have about 20 trucks to do this to, and i just want to make sure we have what it takes to do it. you gotta pull the FICM relay when doing them too, right?