LCF PTO

Rate this topic

Does anyone know of a way to allow the pto to operate with the vehicle in neutral? The truck has a rolloff deck on it and he needs the truck to creep ahead as the platform comes off the truck.

Jeff, It took me a while to realize this but this is a body builders topic therefore this information is not found in the service publications, or at least I could not find it. I did find it at the Ford Fleet site though.

Go to: https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/2006/bblblcf.pdf and navigate your way to page 28 for PTO wiring information.

The PTO can operate in stationary OR mobile applications therefore it should not matter what position the gear selector is in depending on how it is wired up. You can enable the PTO, raise the idle or limit PTO operation to certain conditions. Someone may have wired that truck so that the PTO only works with the truck in park, or with the parking brake on, etc...

For actual wiring diagrams consult the wiring diagram manual, section 140, which is the "Customer Access" cell.