Work Lights

Rate this topic

You know what one of my many working pet peeves are? Having EXCELLENT magnetic LED work lights that will light up pitch dark, but can't be placed anywhere in your working area because the vehicle you are working on has body parts that are non-magnetic. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

48 minutes ago, forddieseldoctor said:

Yes. That does suck when you are trying to work under a dash and everything is plastic. Along with aluminum body panels. 

Exactly the point of my post.

My go to now is single strip 48 inch 120V LED shop light. They are $25-ish and they come with chains with the S hooks. I close both S hook ends on chain on light end and close the other S hook on the chain so those stay put. I use the open end of the S hook on chain to attach to holes on under side of hood. I put the end S hook through middle links on the chain to adjust length so the light hugs the hood more out of head bumping area. The lights can hang by grab handles inside vehicle.  The only thing that I see as a downside is the cord but dust tape takes care of that