Recall 23C25, Insturment Cluster Module

Rate this topic

I am doing recall 23C25 to replace the instrument cluster module.  While doing the PMI, the FDRS instructs me to plug a usb drive into the laptop and then into the vehicle usb port. It seems like the usb software update does not finish even after 2 hours. 

Anyone having success with this recall?

I have completed a few of these.  The ones here went right through with no issues. I will say that you have to follow the instructions closely. I think the completion words on the screen state complete then go away. Honestly I didn't have any issues

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2024 at 8:47 AM, batmantech said:

I have completed a few of these.  The ones here went right through with no issues. I will say that you have to follow the instructions closely. I think the completion words on the screen state complete then go away. Honestly I didn't have any issues

I'm doing a super duty, how long did it take for the usb portion to finish?

The programing portion was quicker than the 22 minutes stated on the screen it was maybe 5 minutes. then wait he 10 minutes.  I did use a very large usb drive 128GB