Compressor Shaft Seal

Rate this topic

ErickBaker

Can anyone tell me the part number for a compressor shaft seal? I know there was a TSB our for it but Shop key doesn't give it to me. Our local Ford store says you have to get the whole compressor but I know I have replaced just the seals before. Thanks in advance.

Eric as far as I can tell, you have been given the correct info about the shaft seal not being avail. but I could be wrong I'm going to check a little deeper and find out for sure. It's getting late for me. ITS TIME FOR BEER /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif I'll let you know for sure tomorrow.

I also remembered seeing a tsb for a/c shaft seals so I went for a search and could only find this tsb 06-4-9.

Be carefull I dont think it applys to your year /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hammer2.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

Some 2002-2006 vehicles equipped with an FS-10 A/C compressor may experience a non operational A/C compressor due to a low freon level caused by a leaking shaft seal.

ACTION:

Replace the A/C compressor shaft seal following the Service Procedure.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

If the shaft seal on the front of the A/C compressor is leaking, replace the shaft seal (F1VY-19D665-A) and not the compressor assembly. Replacing the shaft seal should correct the leaking condition. When replacing the seal, follow the procedure outlined in Workshop Manual, Section 412-03.

PART NUMBER PART NAME

F1VY-19D665-A A/C Compressor Seal Kit