First Service

Rate this topic

Same here.., we have several "in the wild" and, so far, they just don't come home to visit.

FWIW, we are in "mud" season, here. These things are getting put through their paces.... Nothing sadder than a HD or KR snot hangin' with mud...

We just had one we had to replace the harness/gasket for the high pressure fuel pump for a no start concern. pulling the body was lots of fun!

So how was the cab removal? Details MAN!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hammer2.gif

it sucked!

We were forced to remove the bed as well. Did I mention it was a over the cab work bed? actually it was off the same truck I am having electrical issues with. I swear this thing is possesed, it follows me around!

After that was off it wasent all that bad. We had problems with the cab bolts, almost all broke the nut off and we had to screw around getting them loose. We used had tools too. Other than having to wait on parts it wasnt all that bad.

it sucked!

We were forced to remove the bed as well. Did I mention it was a over the cab work bed? actually it was off the same truck I am having electrical issues with. I swear this thing is possesed, it follows me around!

After that was off it wasent all that bad. We had problems with the cab bolts, almost all broke the nut off and we had to screw around getting them loose. We used had tools too. Other than having to wait on parts it wasnt all that bad.

What is a "had" tool? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif

typo....fat fingered. sorry /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

I will snag some pictures off my phone of what we had to pull off. I didn't have my actual camera with me that day so they sorta suck.

sorry for the poor quality but you get the idea. I really wish customers would read their owners manual, in this case the body builders info.

You need to clean that pig-sty up...WOW!

Yeah its by far the nicest and one of the biggest shops in arizona. Not to mention the company takes care of their guys. We service most fleet trucks and RVs. We even do CAT and Cummings work. I came from car service so working on the bigger stuff was a shock at first. I mostly do just engine work on the F350s-F750s tho. Its plenty to keep me busy most days.

Here are some better pictures to get an idea of how big it is.

This picture is standing in my stall looking across the shop

Posted Image

This is at one end of the shop looking length wise. Keep in mind this is only half the other half is to the right of the picture and just as big. Then there is the whole section of RV stalls on the right side of the shop too. the Rvs in the picture are just overflow. I think we have about 75stalls including RV. I have about 3-4 of my own which can easily stuff 6 F-series trucks into and still have room to work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This might give you a better idea of the size. This is just he truck center, we have car service and sales, truck sales, parts, body shop, misc other departments.

Posted Image

Way to go, Dustin... you have broken an old mans heart.....

I feel lucky when our guys remember what a garbage can is for....

At the same time, we regulary collect two or three wheelbarrows full of mud from the nether regions of each of our victims.... errrrr, customers.

yeah Jim I have worked at places like that. I feel lucky to be in a nice shop. We pull tons of mud and junk off our trucks too. We are always working contruction rigs.

the shop rate is $95 an hour

Dustin it looks a lot like the Cummins distributor I work for a few years back, but bigger!!! VERY NICE /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif Are you guy's looking for good parts guy's?