ficm blowing 50 amps

Rate this topic

just had one today,2005 f-250 100 000 km or so,p0611 p1378, I though is would be

a wire chafe,but in the end a new ficm got it to start and not blow the fues,this is the first time I have seen this,are you guys running into to this alot? and should a still be looking for a chafe, a had a look but did not find anything yet

I've had to replace one FICM for what I seem to remember an issue with the fuse blowing. This one however had been super-duper overheated by exhaust blowing on it from a terribly leaking Y-pipe.

• 2 weeks later...

I pushed in a 2006 E450 State Mobile Inspection unit with a crank/no start condition... been staring this truck down for several days thinking the worst, blown injector seal or STC fitting. No, I'm not paranoid but it's been one rolling pile of crap after another lately.

So I get it pushed in and check it out, code P0611 and fuse F1.19 blown. DTC chart instructs to install a new FICM... I ordered it.

I've replaced nearly a half dozen FICMs for a lot of reasons (the other two diesel techs have done several, too) ranging from can't reflash to injector driver concerns and points in between.

Point to ponder.... a complete engine core went back to our "local" rebuilder minus the FICM. We have never (AFAIK) been charged for the missing piece and now have a known good tester. It has started and ran many engines with no reprogramming necessary.

Jim,I had a known good ficm from an engine core,but three months later ford charged parts back the core beacuse it did not have the ficm,oh well I'll just have to wait till i get one on retail,so that might not be for a while.