6.4L Booklet

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

You know what I am talking about? Ford Calls it the "Coffee Table Book" and others call it the "6.0L Bible" Posted Image

Posted Image

This is one of those absolutely awesome pieces of literature that is INTENDED for service technicians and service personnel. This kind of stuff rarely reaches us!!! I am really hoping that International and Ford puts out a similar publication for the 6.4L and actually GETS IT TO US!

Please, if any of you corporate employees that have joined us here are paying attention would you kindly make a point of getting my request to the appropriate people at the appropriate manufacturer? I for one would be extremely grateful. One of the worst things I remember about the launch of the 6.0L is not knowing anything about the product and looking like a complete fool in the eyes of my customers when they ask questions. Posted Image

I have the silver book and the gold book... I am unaware of any others.... Got mine through our local training facility.

Hold the phone... a quick trip to PowerStroke Central delivered a heading on the left side "6.0 Diesel Service Publications". The first choice in the resulting list is the 2003.25 "Coffee Table Book".... this is the Gold book.... Second choice is "2004 Coffee Table Book" - one that I have not yet seen. Both of these are in *.pdf format and are hefty downloads (40+Mb).

Ford has offered us lots of resources... perhaps we should spend some time perusing them. Personally, I was surprise when I clicked on this link tonight.... I'm sure I saw it there before but didn't act on it...

Something to remember... on the Canadian message board, I am often the target of derision for my firm belief that this is my chosen vocation and, as such, a portion of my personal time is well spent researching those things that make me a more valuable employee....

Quote:
Ford has offered us lots of resources... perhaps we should spend some time perusing them. Personally, I was surprise when I clicked on this link tonight.... I'm sure I saw it there before but didn't act on it... [/QB]
Jim,
Unfortunatly in this bussiness, sometimes we get caught up in whats in front of us and cannot see some of the things that may not jump out and smack us.. Posted Image I would recomend to everyone, if you arent accustomed to it already, visit PTS/PSC often.. There are always new things poping up and there may be stuff that wasnt exactly the reason we went there to begin with.. They provide surveys from time to time too, immagine "big daddy" wanting your opinion.. Posted Image Also, FYI, all the classroom and self study books are available there as well.. BTW, those coffee table books have been around since '94.5 . Its hard to find the old ones, but they were out there..

BTW, those coffee table books have been around since '94.5 . Its hard to find the old ones, but they were out there..

Someone has them all in PDF format and is sending them to me. I will post them all here on the site... now if we can only find that Turbocharger booklet in PDF...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Warman:

Ford has offered us lots of resources... perhaps we should spend some time perusing them. Personally, I was surprise when I clicked on this link tonight.... I'm sure I saw it there before but didn't act on it...

You are right, but, so much information is spread far and wide it is difficult sometimes to get your hands on some of it. Many of us spend a lot of our own time pursuing it as you mentioned, as we continue bump into each other in various places on the Internet we prove this fact. As we sift through all of the dissension and bullshit we occasionally find something we can use - ONE of the reasons THIS web site exists.

Quote:
Ford has offered us lots of resources... perhaps we should spend some time perusing them.
Quote:

Unfortunatly in this bussiness, sometimes we get caught up in whats in front of us and cannot see some of the things that may not jump out and smack us..
Well don't I feel stupid! Posted Image

Quote:
Ford has offered us lots of resources... perhaps we should spend some time perusing them.
Quote:

Unfortunatly in this bussiness, sometimes we get caught up in whats in front of us and cannot see some of the things that may not jump out and smack us..

Well don't I feel stupid! Posted Image

I think we all feel that way sometimes.... Posted Image

I'm sure you guys have noticed that

A) I don't watch TV much...

B) I don't have a life....

I have caught myself reading the "Description and Operation" sections of various WSMs... FOR FUN!!!!!

Worse yet.... WBT courses have become my version of a video game....

I have sunk to the very depths of depravity... and us Protestants don't have confessional booths....

A big THANK YOU to one of our members who submitted some good information. We now have a collection Coffee Table Books to refer to. Some of this is old but may prove useful to somebody. I made up a page to list them but have not officially posted this on the site.

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articles/article-06-11.php

I also have an International VT 275 (4.5L PSD) book but I haven't located a PDF version yet. With any luck a 6.4L book won't take two years to surface...