FMCDEALER.COM, NEW FORMAT

Rate this topic

Funny things are we humans; creatures of habit and we are uncomfortable with change! Aww c'mon guys, the old look was way too crowded and cluttered in my opinion. I may not be completely happy with it yet but I do think it is an improvement in that it is a lot neater with the menu's that drop and expand. I had little problem finding what I needed at first but now I am becoming more familiar with it. Besides, they left PTS and Powerstroke Central alone which is where you spend most of your time in anyway, right? Posted Image

That's me opinion and I am stickin with it! LOL

this is only the first stage in the change. ive seen preview's of the next stage and if it all works the way i have been told the best is yet to come. yes the main page need some work or at least an option to customize it. the next stage will make searching for service manuals,evtm's, pced's and running oasis easier. basicly youll enter in a vehicle and tabs will come up to go to each section. ive also been told Ford has a way to gather up vin numbers as they are run when the vehicle is droped off, then when we get the RO we will go to a section on the site where the vin are stored and find the vin. they are susposed to be grouped together by year and model. say you have 4 2004 Explorers on the lot. you select 2004 Explorer and all 4 vins will be there and you select your vehicle. then the next page will load with the tabs for manuals,wiring diagrams,evtm,oasis. kinda like the new main fmcdealer page is where on mine i have tabs for message center,sales,finance,parts and service

• 3 months later...

Changes to the PTS section have been running a couple of weeks now, I like it! Enter a Vin and you get a "vehicle session" screen with tabs that bring up EVERYTHING related to that specific Vin number. I give it a two thumbs up!!! Posted ImagePosted Image

The new oasis with the tabs at the top is Posted Image It really saves a lot of time when trying to get the information you are looking for. The FMC web site had really been a great help with todays problems and having it in your bay is a must. Most techs here have there own computers in there bay and the others use the company supplied units.

I give it a Posted ImagePosted Image

I am liking it! They can fire Earnie as far as I am concerned. This way of presenting vehicle information blows him away but I think earnie would make a better site search tool. Earnie is nothing more than a Site Bot that searches and retrieves data according to your question. Yes, I loke it a lot Posted Image

I am liking it! They can fire Earnie as far as I am concerned. This way of presenting vehicle information blows him away but I think earnie would make a better site search tool. Earnie is nothing more than a Site Bot that searches and retrieves data according to your question. Yes, I loke it a lot Posted Image

lol believe it or not Ernie is real. i have to deal with him when i have trouble with IDS. he's actually a pretty nice guy and a whole lot smater then the web version that Ford had used.

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:
lol believe it or not Ernie is real.
You mean some poor sap drew the shortest straw in conference room somewhere in the halls of Ford Motor Company and ended up with his face on the web site? Posted Image Concerning the site, I love the new OASIS format with the tabs concept. Now the PTS & Power Stroke Central and a few other pages look old!

• 1 month later...