Very Useful Downloads

Rate this topic

RefreshIE - http://www.iansharpe.com/

Description: Timed page reloads for Internet Explorer Reloads page into Internet Explorer at user-defined intervals. Monitor forums, share prices, auctions etc. Manages multiple instances of IE. Include/exclude instances. Stores settings between sessions.

I use this one to reload FMC Dealer so that it doesn't time out and boot me off. Posted Image

Convert - http://www.joshmadison.com/software/convert/

Description: Convert is an easy to use unit conversion program that will convert the most popular units of distance, temperature, volume, time, speed, mass, power, density, pressure, energy and many others, including the ability to create custom conversions!

I don't use this one too often but when I need it it's right on my computer and works takes the work out of converting...whatever!

ieSpell - http://www.iespell.com/

Description: A SAFE Spell Checker for Internet Explorer. ieSpell is a free Internet Explorer browser extension that spell checks text input boxes on a web page. It should come in particularly handy for users who do a lot of web-based text entry (e.g. web mails, forums, blogs, diaries). Even if your web application already includes spell checking functionality, you might still want to install this utility because it is definitely much faster than a server-side solution. Plus you get to store and use your personal word list across all your applications, instead of maintaining separate ones on each application.

Some of us, myself included should use this when posting on message boards. We don't have to spell like mechanics any more!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

becare with those charts for the 6.0 they have been getting updated often and if you dont catch it you will be out of date. Your best bet is to go right into PTS and print them from there.

• 6 months later...

Heres a website that has a list of the Ford diesel diagnostic charts that need to be filled out for warranty.

Ford Diesel Charts

Thats a great website. I like the part numbers. I recently started saving part numbers on a Word document for parts that I use often like Turbo mounting kit, breather tube o ring, the yellow o rings... It will be a lot easier just writing them down and handing them to my parts guy.

• 1 year later...

For those of you who are tired of paying for Antivirus protection. When you download this, I recommend clicking the second downoad link which is two lines down from the forst download link and it says: Download AVG Free (AVG Server).

Here's the link: http://free.avg.com/download?prd=afe

I'm trying this website and it is being a PITA.... One of the very few things that did come up was to make sure your headlights are turned off when trying to start your 7.3????

FWIW... turning ones headlights on for a few minutes before trying to start "MAY" warm a reluctant battery enough to fool it into giving more cranking amps....

From what I can see, anything else you need can be reproduced on the corporate website....

There is this overwhelming propensity to overlook what we are given and go looking for shit we didn't need...

When I look on InFord (and when you look on FMCDealer), it is easy to identify those looking for someone else to do their work for them.... WSMs... PowerStrokeCentral... OASIS.. why should I bother? Somebody out there is going to be proud of his job and he will save my ass. I don't need to read...

Maybe I'm low balling this website.... If I am... I apologize.... I find it slow, cumbersome and full of copyright material that lacks permissions....

• 1 month later...

I'm trying this website and it is being a PITA.... One of the very few things that did come up was to make sure your headlights are turned off when trying to start your 7.3????

FWIW... turning ones headlights on for a few minutes before trying to start "MAY" warm a reluctant battery enough to fool it into giving more cranking amps....

From what I can see, anything else you need can be reproduced on the corporate website....

There is this overwhelming propensity to overlook what we are given and go looking for shit we didn't need...

When I look on InFord (and when you look on FMCDealer), it is easy to identify those looking for someone else to do their work for them.... WSMs... PowerStrokeCentral... OASIS.. why should I bother? Somebody out there is going to be proud of his job and he will save my ass. I don't need to read...

Maybe I'm low balling this website.... If I am... I apologize.... I find it slow, cumbersome and full of copyright material that lacks permissions....

Jim, Are you bitching about this website?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

For those of you who are tired of paying for Antivirus protection. When you download this, I recommend clicking the second downoad link which is two lines down from the forst download link and it says: Download AVG Free (AVG Server).

Here's the link: http://free.avg.com/download?prd=afe

The latest version of AVG is a resource hog. The registry cleaner is a joke because it tells you you have issues then you have to pay to have the tool to clean them up. Funny thing is that I tried it on 2 different computers and got the exact same list of problems. It's a money gimmic.

Microsoft's new antivirus program, Security essentials" works very nice. I use it at home on my XP computer and on my work Win7 laptop.

CCleaner is a nice cleanup tool from Piriform. Download it here, www.piriform.com/ccleaner

They change the links quite often to fool you into buying the payed for edition. All you want is the free one. I agree that the other ones with the free trial edition are a gimmick. But the free one is a good program. This is the new link: http://free.avg.com/ca-en/free-antivirus-download

Oh, and I allways click the link that says: Download from AVG.com instead of Download.com.

• 8 months later...

Here is another usefull download for your I-Phone or Android which is a free App from Mac Tools. I'm not trying to preach about the company I work with. This is just a really cool App that can be a usefull library for you all:

http://vcs2.mactools.com/uploads/2012%20sell%20sheets/TaskMobileLite%20APP_061112.pdf

• 1 year later...