CAN Compatible Scan Tool?

Rate this topic

What is available and useable that a tech might be able to afford? I just found-out the software for a PDA is around $3800.00? Don't think I can swing that!

I remember when the guys at FlatRateTech were singing the praises of DiagTech I believe? Don't think it's available now though as they were bought out...... Posted Image

Well.....don't guess it matters now! I quit today....that's the 3rd job this year???? Do these idiots actually believe the shit they spew? "hang in their, it will get better...." "you just started and it takes time to adjust to a new system..."

"suck my **censored** and I'll pay you for it later????"

Well....he didn't actually say the last one but you've all heard the same.....

Worked 92.5 hrs last pay, missed one day or it would have been a nice even 101, made 54.3 hrs! Yee-ha! When you're doing 98% warranty 6.0L and the only customer work you see are cars with 4000-20,000 miles for a LOF it's really tough to turn any time. The services, brake jobs, etc, got done "closer" to the service desk.

I'm done. Screw it. Going home and seeing what it takes to declare bankruptcy. Will just bum around there and pick-up some work. I'm so burnt-out I just can't do it anymore at the dealer level. My back is too tired to bend over far enough to get to their level. This shop was really proud of the fact the had a wireless router.....of course YOU had to provide YOUR computer. Walking 1/4 mile round trip from my bay to run Oasis just got to be too much!

Did I say SCREW IT?

Posted Image

That was a little off topic! I feel your pain though as I hear many guys can't make the hours they are accustomed to. If I told you what my productivity was you might feel better but that doesn't put food on your table. But then again, I do a little more than turn wrenches.

Sorry to hear the bad news.

Hickock also offers a CAN module for NGS for around 800.00

And it works fairly well on a gasser but leaves a ton of PIDS out on a 6.0. Don't even think about it for a diesel until Hickok has the bugs worked out.

AutoEnginuity is the most cost-effective way out. Get the pro version for between $400-800.

I can send you captures if you like, and pics of the Hickok CAN module.

Good Luck!