steering wheel turns when brake pedal pushed

Rate this topic

If I recall correctly it'll be a hose issue, had one a couple years back and I also thought it was the hydro booster but after I replaced it the concern was still there, called the hotline and the engineer said to replace the pressure line to the box from the booster(I think). Now I'm not exactly sure but a call to the "engineers" might be in order /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

A little off topic, but a story I feel I need to tell nonetheless. Several years ago, a dude at the dealer I was working at had put a set of power steering hoses on a Lincoln, turns out he had put them on backwards somehow. He reached in through the window (putting his arm through the steering wheel), when the engine started, the wheel spun all the way around till it locked and pulled the little dude right in through the window.

Seen that before firsthand when I, somehow, managed to cross the lines on a steering rack in an Explorer. Ordered the lines up, went to install them assuming that, the way they were bent, there's no way they'd ever line up in the "wrong direction".

Oops.

Pretty violent manuvers from the wheel actually!!

Fortunately, I *never* stick my hand through the wheel after seeing a kids arm get broken in half during school (UTI) when he turned the key on and the drivers air bag blew out.

Dave