exhaust smell

Rate this topic

We have a 2004 F-350 4x4 XL 4 door auto 6.0 in our shop. This thing has a strong smell of exhaust in the cab, we have tightened everything we can find without digging to deep into the motor, still smells. The downpipe was really loose though. It seems like the right exhaust manifold might be leaking, cant really tell though. The exhaust the rest of the way is all good, this truck has about 10,000 miles on it.

Where else should we check, is this a common problem?

What a bunch of vultures... feeding off the misfortunes of a service man, no less.... After that last go 'round, you should be a little more sympathetic to what this young man must be going through.....

Somebody want to pass that popcorn down over here? Anybody bring any beer?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/popcorn.gif

Looks like the theater's gonna sell out fast.

Hmm, popcorn and beer sounds more like HOMER!!!

AHHH BEEERR /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/drinkingdude.gif

But back to our buddy I feel bad that he has to go through this. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crybaby2.gif

I think that everyone of us would help out the best we could but we have to much fun with it, we live this hell everyday. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

I think we should all give one of these to show our support.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

Well I rented the first episode by looking up prior posts. Now I'm all up to speed. It was like a Shakespeare tragedy. Poor guy

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rotz.gif

I'll be the guy in the back of the theater who ends up making headlines similar to the ones we saw about Pee Wee Herman a good while ago...

On a serios note, we've had a lot of School Buses come in with exhaust smells that ended up originating at the exhaust manifolds where they meet up with the heads. There are actual gaskets made for these engines and so far, after installing exhaust manifold gaskets, none have returned.

Dave