Is Toyota Trying to Steal Some of Our Customers?

Rate this topic

mchan68

And the front of the 08 SD is a thing of beauty?

I've seen auto styling that had to "grow" on me.... Hell, I can remember the Edsel AND the Ford Frontenac (stick that in your bong and light it). Fugly is in the eye of the beholder...

Who is going to be the first to say they never took home "11:00 stuff" after a hard night of bar hopping? (Never went to bed with an ugly girl... but I woke up with a few....) or "OMG.... It's 3:30.... I gotta go to work... don't turn on the light when you leave...".

She may be fugly... but she swallows, she does windows and she can cook a mean streak....

Denial is such an ugly word....

A 10 at two or a two at ten. A fox by nite and a mangy coyote by morning. Coyote ugly....had to almost chew my arm off a few times in my lifetime. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cover.gif

Damn Jim, do you ever think that maybe that American beer down south is tamed down for a reason? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/drinkingdude.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cover.gif

Well Jim figure it this way we have alot of young bucks here with us and this could be educating them.

My first marriage I had a trophy wife but that only lasted 13 years. Now I have a nice wife and am much happier so far...(she's not to bad looking either)But I have learned much so far, and still alot to learn...

My loving bride isn't what I could call a trphy wife, though she is a trophy to me.... She's a beautiful woman and she has aged well (though we both have to admit that "gravity works").

Come January, it will be (I'm told) 34 years of "wedded bliss". Without a lot of hard work, perserverance, patience, understanding and Gawd knows what else... we wouldn't have lasted 5.

It's been a magical ride.... and I still love her madly.... couldn't imagine life without her.... even if she does piss me off to no end at times...

And THAT is an important thing to remember.... just becuase you're mad at somebody doesn't mean you don't like/love them...

We all have a life and it will be what we make of it....

Beauty is only a light switch away.

Fat chicks.....heat in the winter, shade in the summer.

BACK ON TRACK........

I think the new F-150 is going to get better and better. It will always be the best selling truck. And the fusions and escapes....all i hear about is how people love those.

I would love to see the strong arm of irony deliver the bitch-slap of the century to the guys who've done nothing but praise that company, when they're following a Tundra down the interstate only to have the tailgate fall off and go through their grille.

Dave

Thank you Jim, for your brief, and yet very intelligent answer. My next question is, what can WE do to prevent this from happening, above and beyond just fixing our existing customers' trucks right, to the best of our abilities?

Thank you Jim, for your brief, and yet very intelligent answer. My next question is, what can WE do to prevent this from happening, above and beyond just fixing our existing customers' trucks right, to the best of our abilities?

Put them in a strong reliable truck that will blow the doors off of them in reliability and cost of maintenance and keep our Ford customers. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/fouet3.gif "SuperDuty V10". This Combination Of SuperDuty gets no where near the recognition it deserves. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/fouet3.gif I did some number crunching at work on services for these beasts. To do an oil change, air filter, and fuel filter is about $140.00 for a V10. This includes labour.The same service of oil change, air filter and filter kit for a 6.4L is $440.00. $8000.00 less for the V10 can buy alot of fuel and pay for alot of maintenance. And with it getting better fuel economy, it's a no brainer. Diesels aren't as economical as they used to be. Especially with all that crap on board now. Alot of people just "think" they need a diesel. I could handle tuneups again.

Basically, it's like taking a page out of GM's book. When they realized the 6.5L just wasn't cutting it anymore, they quit producing it and relyed on their big block gas engine for a year untill they came out with the Duramax. We could do the same until Ford builds their own diesel engine. And if it turns out to be a dud, well......then I guess we have a great gas engine.

Well...... now that you mention it.....

Some customers are going to stray.... the grass looks greener..... they wanted a change.... they got talked into it... for whatever reason....

Let's stir in a healthy dose of "you can't please all of the people all of the time".... No matter what you do.... how hard you try.... how far you bend over... or how much @ss you kiss, for that matter.... someone is going to diapprove if for no other reason than it feels good at the time.

These are things we will never overcome... and it is important for our sanity to remember this....

But we can still do lots to stem the tide - maybe even steal some customers of our own.

First we do all of the things we've been discussing... be the best we can be - stay abreast of our product knowledge - perfect our skills and apply these to our daily work... Treat the customer as if he was "us".... The vast majority of customers doesn't want to be treated any differently than we ourselves would want to be treated in the same or a similar circumstance....

Be honest... brutally honest.... if a guys screws up, let the people that need to know know..... If the truck wont be ready on time (and we should have allowed enough time for setbacks), let the necessary people know in case other arrangements have to be made for the customer....

All of these are things we should know and consider....

But we can take it a step further... we should use our good example to influence those around us... difficult - yes.... impossible - no... If the guy in the next bay is shortchanging the customer, speak up.... the bad image he projects is going to rub off on you.

We can never be perfect.... but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to be...

Dwayne i hear you...that V10 has awesome low end torque. I would get the V10 in a heartbeat. I want to get a superduty but i dont want a 6.4 or 6.0 because of maintainece costs, and the problems. Plus i dislike the 5.4 in the SD's. I'm waiting to see how that new diesel turns out in the F-150 to decide what i want for a new truck.

We barely see n e problems with the v10 hear.

That's just it, they are never in the shop. Shell Canada runs these Superduties with nothing but V10's and we see them in here all the time for nothing more than maintenace. And every Shell dude loves them and brags them right up. If I won the lottery, my wife would be driving a brand new F-350 4x4 V10. I'd still drive my 7.3L , But the V10 would be my new hotrod Lincoln. Put some Magnaflow on that baby. Man, I would have a woody and agreat big sh!t eatin grin. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_crazy.gif