Code of the day?

Rate this topic

Not sure if everyone has noticed... for quite some time, as built data has been freely available on OASIS. Simply generate an OASIS report for a VIN and there will appear an "as built" link near the top of the page.

I may have been a little confused but I have yet to need any secret code to program a module with as built data.

It's used to ignore inhale data from the original module, to enable programming with asbuilt of your choice.

97826 is today's code of the day. (I think, - the software is on my other computer, this is just doing some quick math. Go to the pocket knife icon in IDS, and go to Special Function/Update. A box will pop up, and punch in that code, it'll show you what the options are with this code.)

Wouldn't starting a new session give that result? (Having a tough time remembering some of the stuff I don't get to do anymore). FWIW, if I'm replacing a module for any reason, I don't trust any data that may be inhaled from the old module... I recall being told that some modules contain a VID Block with system data in it... but I can't really recount the times when this was made apparent.

For my 06 (sorry I never posted what the final fix was), all I had to do was perform a PMI... Where I was having some concerns was in trying to identify the truck manually from the opening screen. What finally got me to where I needed to be was to allow the IDS to misidentify the truck and then select <NO> on that screen.

Ah I never really thought about doing it that way, but that would work also.

Theres a couple things in that list that i'd like to know exactly wht the fuck they are, like Enable DOOM and whatnot. I will post a screenshot as soon as i get the IDS programs instlaled on my machine.

Twice now, I have been instructed by hotline to go into the area you mention (Special Function/Update)... Both times, I was instructed to enter a five digit code - like yours, a five digit code - that "feels" like a hexidecimal memory address. On both of these occasions, a screen of information appeared - I'm having trouble remembering the exact format... but I recall some lines having multiple characters and (it seems to me) that some lines expressed themselves in binary (don't laugh - you'll get old some day... you'll find out that the first thing to go is the ahhhhhhh... the first thing you lose is your ummmmmm. damn, I can't remember what it is...).

In both cases, engineering was able to determine that the concerns I was addressing were based on internal faults in the PCM....

I wanna know what "ENABLE DOOM" is too. Perhaps it loads the old Doom video game so you can spend a few minutes shooting zombies as stress relief. Or perhaps it starts the vehicles "AUTO DESTRUCT" timer... Which may come in quite handy some times /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/flamethrower.gif