06 E450 6.0

Rate this topic

LARRY BRUDZYNSKI

Hey guy's need some help...

Just called my old shop but got no where with them. On the frame mounted pump/module/filter assy. I had a customer come in today was changing out the filter and he said that from what I could get from him that the stand tube in the housing came out along with a spring and a thick oring(about a inch OD and just shy of 1/4 thick) Has anybody come up with a kit or replacement for this oring? It's not in the filter kit.

It's called a fuel pump. There is no stand pipe in the fuel conditioning module. The fuel filter inserts over the fuel pump, which is sealed at the base with an o-ring and the tip has a spring loaded valve and an o-ring which is that I think is the o-ring your customer is asking for. I have heard of this coming apart. I suspect the o-ring stuck in the filter and pulled out with it. If it cant be put back together the only way to remedy this is probably a new fuel pump. (not the assembly, just the pump)

Posted Image

The red o-ring is the one at the valve end, the green one seals the filter opening.

YUP HE'S RIGHT. HAD ONE HERE LAST WEEK. SERVICE/LUBE BAY TECH CAME UP TO THE DESK WITH THOSE EXACT PARTS IN HIS HAND. WAS CHEAPER AND FASTER TO REPLACE THE WHOLE HFCM. BELIEVE IT WAS A 9G282.

Okay guy's update... my customer came back by the way it was the City of Detroit Water and Sewer's tech...

Found out he was doing a pm and couldn't get the filter out and grabbed a screw driver and pryed it out needless to say broke/fucked up the 9G282. He brought it into me and it was fucked up. Got one coming tomorrow for him and needless to say he is going to get the D/A(dumb ass) pricing.

Remember I live in the sticks 60 miles west of Detroit, I just work there and pay my employment tax to them(the rat bastards). Check out anything online with Kwamye Kilpatrick, I think thats how he spells his name, Detroits Mayor that is robbing the city blind and sees no problem with it, not to mention he nailed one of his coworkers Christine Beatty, he says and I quote "God has put me on a mission" He is trying to hide all of the evidence that he has cheated on his wife and perjured himself in court, on a special deal back from a court case that he fired some of the cops trying to bust him for the affair. He is a piece of work, he makes Colman Young our last POS Mayor look like a saint.

CHECK IT OUT.http://www.clickondetroit.com/scandal/index.html

Oh yeah, If you don't know what you are working on, leave it the fuck alone. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

Did you say the City Of Detroit? Just think, that's YOUR tax dollars paying this guy's salary, and for this part.

THANK GOD FOR CIVIL SERVANTS,without them my taxes wouldn't go up every year. Keep in mind they had to pass a test to prove they could do that job.