inford message board

Rate this topic

Steve Mutter

Probably a REALLY good thing I'm not allowed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

What, in Gods name, do these wieners think they'll gain doing that? Besides more "re-engineered" SLTs?

I just read it myself. His licensce plate on his vehicle should say: I D 10 T. I think that all the dealerships in Ontario should send all the recalls to the hero. Let's see him do those for a whole month in a snow storm without anyone else bringing them into the shop for him. Freekin Jackass! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

I too have had run-ins with Rick Impey. He used to find all my boo-boos and rub my nose in them on inford, until I caught him giving a dumbass reply to someone's post and called him on it. I may not know it all, but at least I'm trying to be helpful. I also wish the "super techs" of this world would leave off posting their miraculous times on inford for everyone to see as SLTS keep coming down because of it. I have learned in this trade, it is better to take longer to do the job and do it right the first time, than to have to do it twice(and not get paid for the second time). As far as warranty, well, we are currently trying to get paid for a 6.0 turbo replacement job I completed back in the fall. A new R.O. was made up recently as the old one had been left too long. The warranty clerk has returned the R.O. at least 6 times to be corrected. They seem to want to deny the claim, by finding niggling things to single out. The original TSB for turbo cleaning/replacement has been superseded recently and this is one of the things they used to return the claim. They wanted me to use the labour codes for the new TSB 08-04-07 instead of the old one. When I picked the code that matched the time paid, they wanted to know why I hadn't replaced the VPS kit. Duh! the old TSB didn't have me do that. I then pointed out to the warranty clerk that the R.O. date was before the new TSB came out. The next time the clerk didn't even bother coming to me(she went to another tech) when they wanted to know why the CAC hose was replaced. No labour charged as I had to re/re it to re/re turbo, but it was torn due to overboost, so I replaced it. That should have been on a separate line, apparently. I have wasted so much time trying to get our dealership paid for a job that has been done for 6 months. Just pay the damn claim, for heaven's sake!!! I am glad to be able to vent. This site rocks!!!

Thanks, Jim. I actually joined back in 06, but then only used the site for reference until Keith e-mailed me in November. I had a few posts back then, but then other stuff came up, until you jogged my memory with your pro-tech posting. Glad to be aboard.