2005 to 2008 Mustang Airbag Recall

Rate this topic

mchan68

What David said.... There was a broadcast message on Monday about it and we were scheduled to deliver an 08 that AM... Downloaded the file from the interent and POOF!, it was over almost before it started...

FWIW, I have one sitting in my driveway - no letter from Ford yet...

Jim, which driveway???? 1st home or 2nd home(work)????

The driveway in front of the home I take my pants off in /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

This is the car that was an "impulse buy".... Took it home and told my loving bride that if she smoked in it, I'd have to buy it.... and she promptly (well, nearly promptly) lit a cigarette....

With the top down, there are times when it is almost as much fun as the scooter....

Originally Posted By: LARRYATSTI
Jim, which driveway???? 1st home or 2nd home(work)????

The driveway in front of the home I take my pants off in /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cover.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/puke.gif -1 on that

I just checked on this recall and they have not published labour ops yet. Anyone know how much they are going to pay? We have a lot of Mustangs on the lot and it is slow, so it would be nice to get them done. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif

ATTACHMENT II

Page 1 of 1

DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 08C02 Service Update

Certain 2005 - 2008 Mustang Vehicles

Reprogram Restraint Control Module

LABOR ALLOWANCES

Description Labor Operation Labor Time

Reprogram Restraint Control Module using IDS 08C02B 0.2 Hours

PARTS REQUIREMENTS / ORDERING INFORMATION

No parts or modification labels are required to complete this repair.

Big money maker there by the time you get the keys, find the car, pull it into the bay, hook up IDS, start a session,program the RCM,return IDS to the bench/cart, pull the car out and park it, punch off, flag and write up the RO all for 12 min pay. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eeeesh.gif

FWIW, the reflash process itself (from the time you press the tick mark until it announces "done") is about a blink of the eye... a lot damned quicker than a FICM reflash...