Certification Pays

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

Here we go again! I recall last year wasn't good for me because warranty work decreased. Maybe this year will be better. I want to know what is up with the "opt-out option" they added. WTF is with THAT? I would lose it if my Dealer Principal took away an incentive program from me. That is just out of line!

April 14, 2008

To: All Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealership Principals and Service Department Personnel

Subject: 2008 "Certification Pays" Diesel Technician Incentive

Customers who entrust their vehicles to Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Dealerships expect their service work to be performed by fully-trained technicians. Ford values and recognizes the investment that dealerships and technicians have made to become fully-trained. It is with that in mind that we announce the 2008 "Certification Pays" Diesel Technician Incentive.

THE 2008 "CERTIFICATION PAYS" DIESEL TECHNICIAN INCENTIVE

This incentive will be held from April 14 – June 18, 2008. It provides qualifying technicians with an opportunity to spin for cash and prizes for each diesel warranty claim paid that includes one or more of the 53 qualifying diesel labor operations. The labor operations include the following:

• 34 labor operations that require Diesel Certification
  • 10 additional left/right/one/all variants of the 34 labor operations
  • NEW for 2008! Nine Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) labor operations that are near or equivalent to the 34 labor operations. These operations were added based upon technician feedback.

The spin values range from $5.00 to $100.00. The award amounts can be redeemed for cash via the Genuine Rewards MasterCard.

MONTHLY GRAND PRIZE DRAWING

Two Grand Prize Drawings will be conducted during the course of the program, giving technicians who have redeemed spins the opportunity to win diagnostic equipment.

OPT-OUT FEATURE

In the event a Dealer Principal wishes to exclude his/her Dealership's employees from this incentive, the Dealer Principal can e-mail pts@ford.com with the Dealership's name, P&A code, and the Dealer Principals name. All requests for exclusion must be in writing and will be confirmed with the Dealer Principal over the telephone.

PROGRAM CHANGES

Ford Motor Company reserves the sole right to change, alter or interpret any details or requirements of this program at any time for any reason without notice.

ATTACHMENTS

See Attachment I for complete details on the spin process

See Attachment II for complete details on the Grand Prize Drawings

See Attachment III for a list of Questions & Answers

See Attachment IV for a complete list of qualifying labor ops

QUESTIONS

Questions about this incentive and the spin process should be directed to the Technical Hotline at 1-800-826-4694. (Follow the menu prompts for Technical Training.)

Compete details about the Genuine Rewards MasterCard can be found at FMCDealer.com/Parts & Service tab/Awards & Recognition/Genuine Rewards MasterCard Card.

I get the feeling the dealer is paying a portion of the costs of this program. I wonder how many spins Dave will need to make up for the 17 hour loss on the 6.4 he was talking about in his post?

I imagine this is just another one of those things that we common folk aren't going to be able to participate in...

The quintessential "redheaded stepchild" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Looks like a bit of a buzz on message board over it... At least it shows that some guys read BCMs

Just so you don't feel too bad, though... today we have thus far gotten about 1,143,000,000 angstroms of fluffy, white April "showers".... Just to tech it down a bit, thats about 11.5 centimeters (between 4 and 5 inches for our southern friends... the same southern friends that are up for more prizes.... lucky bastuhds...).

I'll give you the winnings from my first "spin" if you send me a snowball and it makes it here frozen! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Yeah, I don't get it why Ford would treat us differently simply because of borders. Why, you guys are kinda like us, I think. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif EH?

Edited because I can't spell "frozen"

I'll give you the winnings from my first "spin" if you send me a snowball and it makes it here forzen! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I'll have it delivered to your doorstep. It will be next January and it will be in "kit" form (some assembly required) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

"forzen"? You're getting as bad as me....

Speaking of snow, we finished our season today at the ski resort and we still had 75% of the trails open, a stellar season indeed. It was pretty nice seeing alot of snow bunnies in their bikinis instead of all wrapped up. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif

You know, I saw the broadcast message about the Certification Pays. Does that mean we are getting it up here for once? Or do we still not mean shit to Ford? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks and I have yet to get a spin. we are either behind on submitting claims or we are opted out. dunno but I need some extra cash!

Wow, that is a good question. The ops for TSB 06-17-06 are listed in the qualifying labor ops attachment but the TSB was superseded since the contest began. I attached the list to this post for quick viewing. Maybe someone should call the support number but this quote from the Q&A section might indicate that the answer is no:

Quote:
Q. If new TSBs are published during the course of this incentive, will they be added to the list of

eligible labor operations?

A. No. Only the labor operations outlined in Attachment IV will qualify.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Quote:
1113 - THE LAST DAY TO SPIN FOR THE "CERTIFICATION PAYS" DIESEL TECHNICIAN INCENTIVE IS WEDNESDAY, JUNE 18TH!
THE LAST DAY TO SPIN FOR THE "CERTIFICATION PAYS" DIESEL TECHNICIAN INCENTIVE IS WEDNESDAY, JUNE 18TH. CERTIFIED DIESEL TECHNICIANS THAT HAVE REDEEMED SPINS ON THE "CERTIFICATION PAYS" SLOT MACHINE ON OR BEFORE JUNE 18TH WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FINAL GRAND PRIZE DRAWING FOR (4) IDS STANDARD PACKAGES W/RF CARDS AND (1) IDS ADVANCED PACKAGE W/RF CARD. TECHNICIANS' NAMES WILL BE ENTERED EACH TIME THEY SPIN, SO THE MORE SPINS A TECHNICIAN HAS REDEEMED, THE MORE CHANCES THEY HAVE TO WIN. DETAILS CAN BE FOUND IN THE "CERTIFICATION PAYS" DEALER LETTER DATED APRIL 14, 2008, ON FMCDEALER.COM.