Prior Approval

Rate this topic

Quote:
I don't know what a "level one dealer" is, maybe someone in the know can elaborate a bit.

Basically to be a level one dealer you have to nothing but customer pay work. No warranty, PO5's PO1's PO7's you know AWA's. And if you do warranty work it can't be engines and trans jobs, just light trim work or something that is cheap. Oh and send all your diesel work to another dealer. Then you can be level 1 certified and be excempt from jumping thru all the hoops.

This obviously is extreme and full of sarcasm but it's also true.

I hate to be that snotty little shit in the back of the room who says otherwise, but we're a perfect example of being THE GO-TO DEALERSHIP in the area for all the big warranty and diesel jobs and we've been level 1 for years. We're a high-volume dealer that gets TONS of visiting owners becauase the other 3 dealerships in the area have given everyone so much shit that they come to us. I can't tell you how many customers we have that will drive past 2 other Ford dealers to come to us.

It's a righteous pain in the ass, and we deal with WHINY customers too so we're always P05/P01-ing shit.

The techs take it on the chin here so we can be level 1.

Dave

Yeah. Punching out at 5:00.

Dave

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

Same thing we get /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

Alright I finally had enough of the curiousity so I called the warranty hotline today to find out just who is involved in this, and I qoute Canada is not affected at this time nor does it look like we will be any time in the near future.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

Next i hear the phone promps will change.

PRESS 1 FOR EGR COOLERS

PRESS 2 FOR OIL COOLERS

PRESS 3 FOR AN EGR/OIL COOLER COMBO MEAL

PRESS 5 FOR HP PUMPS

PRESS 5 FOR CHAINSAW ACCIDENT TRYING TO CUT TIME REPAIRING VEHICLE BECAUSE YOUR LISTENING TO THIS BULLSHIT MESSAGE.

OH THEN THE SURVEY COMES. NO WONDER WHY INTERNATIONAL HAD THAT GUY SHOOTING UP THE DAM FACTORY YEARS AGO.

For those with access to the Ford boards there is more on this topic in the Tech to Tech section titled "Prior approval for 6.0l headgaskets/EGR coolers....".

I think we,re doin it all wrong. If we use this: http://www.barsproducts.com/1111.htm /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_crazy.gif, I don't think we should have to phone in for prior approval at all. I'm surprised Ford hasn't revised the TSB with this as the fix. Man, this could be a big money maker. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

After all, it can't be any worse than putting rubber head bolts back in, can it? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif

Quote:
I think we,re doin it all wrong. If we use this: http://www.barsproducts.com/1111.htm , I don't think we should have to phone in for prior approval at all. I'm surprised Ford hasn't revised the TSB with this as the fix. Man, this could be a big money maker.

After all, it can't be any worse than putting rubber head bolts back in, can it?

That was subarus fix. They have external head gasket leak problems. Their fix was add OEM sake oil to cooling system and retest. Maybe ford should look into this, lol.

Alex, Dwayne, Steve (and any other Canadians)... Just got this in my personal e-mail this PM....

To all Technicians, Warranty Administrators, and Parts Personnel:

We'd like to take a few moments to answer some questions and address some of your concerns regarding the new Prior Approval program for 6.0L Diesel engine components.

Below are some of the questions we've been asked, and the answers:

Question: Does this prior approval program apply to all dealers?

Answer: No, Level 1 dealers are not included in this program.

Question: Are SPW repairs included?

Answer: Yes, but only if the SPW repair is performed within the base warranty period. SPW repairs completed outside of the base warranty period are not included in this program.

Question: Do I have to submit a request for each part I need?

Answer: No, you can select all of the parts needed to make an accurate repair on one request.

Question: How do I find out if you approved my request?

Answer: From the PTS home page, select the Technical Hotline tab at the top. On the Hotline page, select Prior Approval Status, then Diesel Engine from the left navigation menu.

Question: Why do I need prior approval to remove a cylinder head?

Answer: Prior approval is not required to remove a cylinder head, but it is required for head gasket replacement. This is why we ask that you make your request before removing cylinder heads.

Question: What if I have a labor operation on the RO for one of the parts included in the program, but I'm not replacing it? (clean, repair, etc)

Answer: Prior Approval is only required if you replace one of the included parts.

Question: Why do I need a repair estimate for 6.0L parts prior approval?

Answer: The repair estimate field was a carry-over field from the diesel engine assembly request form. As of 6/11 it has been removed, and all of the prior approval forms have been better organized.

Question: Why did you approve some of the parts on my request, but not all of them?

Answer: There are several possible reasons, but the most likely is that some of the information we need was not included in your request. We have tried to keep the questions on the form to the minimum we would need in order to make an accurate decision, so be sure to answer the form question with as much detail as you can. Skipping any questions will most likely result in us asking for additional information, and delaying your request.

Question: What information do I need for each part?

Answer: The information we need may vary, depending on what diagnostics have been completed before you submit the request. As a guideline, you should include any base diagnostics that apply to the customer concern, plus the list below:

Turbocharger - Be sure to review TSB 08-4-7, and note any physical damage to the turbo and the location.

High Pressure Pump - Be sure to review SSM 19424, TSB 08-9-9. Record IPR% and ICP pressure when the concern is present.

Cylinder Heads - Review TSB 06-21-10

Head Gaskets, EGR Cooler or Oil Cooler - Review TSB 08-3-7 and 07-23-14

Thank you for your time!

Technical Service Hotline