what a 7.3 can take and what it cant....

Rate this topic

If I was gonna guess, it's like on a CR like a duramax or a cummins, when they use a second CP3 pump to make up for the miniscule drop in pressure when an injector opens.If I was to guess, this is the same system, only for oil.I don't know any hotrod 7.3 guys that are at that power level! :rofl:

Don't worry, In Fords eyes it's a re-buildable core. They will stitch the block back together, give it a fresh coat of paint, and turn it in to a Ford Quality Reman. It can't be any worse than some we've received already. :coffee:

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13734

What I wanna know is ... whats with the 2 HPOP's in the second picture?

its a dual HP system, a few people think that is what is needed over 800hp. :evil: 

supposedly last year on fuel alone he pulled an 11.83 in the quarter. its juicing and more fuel now, so who knows.

more pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

C01 (W) - Customer reports lack of power and hard start. Please inspect and report basic part numbers to verify ESP Coverage. :haha2: 
Then hand it off to Dave cuz he can fix anything , being the most qualified guy in the shop :evil:

All I can say is that I wish I had the money, the time and the where-with-all to venture into something like that....

Here is a guy that, quite obviously, isn't a warranty sucking, modification hiding scumbag.... The only concern (as far as the customer goes) is "can he afford his habit"?

I can only pray that we can come up smiling if we hurt our 440 stroker.... if we ever get this damned thing built...

Modding this stuff will teach you about its inner workings and it's "personality".... While I sound like I'm unfriendly to mods... it is the act of hiding them and expecting me to lie about them that I abhor....

I wonder if Eagle makes a crank and rod kit for one of these? Hmmmmm - I wonder if Eagle makes a stroker kit for one of these?

I got some nice forged eagle stuff awhile back from a guy that thought it would be efficient use of a Nylock to use it to retain the oil pump on the stud.

Needless to say, that worked out not so well with a 14:1 compression motor on the jug. Got 'er warm a few times, nylon melted, and the nut shook off.

Had to slice the crank .030 on the mains to clean it up, but it is still running well AFAIK.

What kind of turbo setup is on that thing. Got anymore photo's of the turbo? I saw pictures of a cummins in a tractor do that at 100psi. I'm trying to catch up on the posts that I missed over the last two weaks of being on hollidays. That's freakin wild.

Several of my truck pull buddies run Cummins' at over 100PSI, single turbo on the one guy's truck. I bet that prick would suck your hand off if you got too close to the inlet.Another guy runs a Cummins with a compound ATS Aurora 3000 (i think) as the primary ("little" - :rofl: ) turbo, and an ATS Aurora 5000 as the secondary turbo - he runs 121PSI.Last I talked to him, it had spit a few frost plugs out :D I've had the pleasure of doing some work on that badass machine, and lemme tell ya, it's a fuckin' rocketship if you can get it hooked up.