6.4 no power at accel at times

Rate this topic

i have an 08 f-250 that at times from accel will blow black smoke and have no power, will clear up and be fine. The thing is it only does it once in awhile. My service manager verified it after driving about 90 miles i have no verified yet. I saw on fords diesel message boards of a concern a lot like this that ford has a reprograme for this, but they also said it has not fixed their problem yet. Another tech said he had a high pressure fuel pump leaking into the crankcase, replaced pump and lines and fixed the problem. I checked my oil level and it was ok and did no smell like fuel. Has anyone here ran into this or have any suggestions.

Could it be going into normal regeneration? Check manual regarding normal operating characteristics for regen. There was also a posting on protech about a possible faulty(cracked) DPF, but I would suspect this to be causing a continuous concern, rather than an intermittent one.