6.4 oil in coolant

Rate this topic

just showed up yesterday 6.4 13500 miles and oil all in the degass bottle not like the 6.0 like a pudding sludge just nasty black oil has anyone encountered any one of these yet

Some 6.4's have had a problem with cavitation behind the water pump allowing oil and coolant to mix. Usually when this happens you will find coolant in the oil as well. If you drain the oil and some coolant runs out you'll prolly be doing a front cover replacement.

I guess I wouldn't rule out the oil cooler either, but on a 6.4 with this concern I'd start by pulling the water pump and taking a close look.

already ahead of ya with 13000 miles yup there is cavitation i will be replacing the oil cooler, front cover all hoses and some other bs that they want me to do hotline said no way that oil can enter coolant thru front cover i call bs on that

already ahead of ya with 13000 miles yup there is cavitation i will be replacing the oil cooler, front cover all hoses and some other bs that they want me to do hotline said no way that oil can enter coolant thru front cover i call bs on that

LOL That's funny, today I just had hotline tell me that the front cover needs to be replaced for catitation becuase coolant WILL make it's way into the oil.

Dave